The County of Bergen, under the leadership of County Executive Jim Tedesco and the Board of Chosen Freeholders, is now accepting applications from local businesses to receive grant funding from the federal CARES Act. The Bergen County CARES Small Business Grant Program is an economic stability measure designed to provide financial relief to small businesses negatively affected by the COVID-19 pandemic and to increase overall business confidence during recovery.
This one time grant opportunity can be used by businesses to pay their rent, mortgage or utility bills for March, April and May 2020. The application process, which can be accessed at https://bergencountycares.org/live/?ver=6, is currently open for restaurants, food service establishments, essential retailers and small businesses. All applications must be submitted by October 5 at 5:00 p.m.
For your application to be complete, you will need to upload in digital format the following items:
- Business bank statements March - June 2020
- (If Renting) Canceled rent checks or signed statement from landlord for January &
- February 2020
- (If Renting) Copy of signed lease
- (If Building Owner) Mortgage Statements for January & February
- Business registration certification or certificate of incorporation
- Most recent federal and state tax returns
- Water, Sewer, Gas and Electric utility bills from March-May of 2020
- IRS W-9 FORM