Leaf Collection - Friday, October 28, 2016
DEP Drought Warning - Public Strongly Urged to Reduce Water Use
Please be advised, Department of Environmental Protection Commission Bob Martin today placed 14 Counties encompassing in Northern, Central, and Northern Coasal areas of New Jersey under a drought warning due to ongoing precipitation deficits and deteoriating water-supply conditions, particularly storage levels in reservoirs. Please note, Borough of Bergenfield, County of Bergen, are included in the drought warning.
DEP offers the following tips to reduce water use:
- At this time of year, it is appropriate to let your lawns go dormant.
- Turn sprinkler systems off automatic timers.
- Use a hose with a hand held nozzle to water flowers and shrubs, or let them go dormant.
- Use a broom to sweep the sidewalk, rather than a hose.
- Wash vehicles with a bucket and do not run the hose more than necessary, or use a commerical car wash that recycles water.
- To save water at home, fix leaky faucets and pipes. Consider replacing your toilet with a low-flow version.
- Upgrade your shower head to low-flow.
- Upgrade your faucets or install faucet aerators.
Garbage Container Pick-up in Quadrant 4 - Wednesday, October 26, 2016
Bergenfield Health Department offers flu vaccination
The 2016-2017 flu season will closely be approaching us. The Quadvalent Flu vaccine is now available for area residents from the Bergenfield Health Department. Vaccination is administered in the Health Department's Community Health Rooms located at 198 N. Washington Avenue by a public health nurse. Ages 6 months through adulthood can schedule a vaccination. There is a $15 administration fee for the vaccination. A home visit by a public health nurse can be scheduled as well for the home bound at no extra cost. Children attending preschool in New Jersey are required to receive a flu vaccination to remain in school this winter season. Pregnant women and those who have chronic health conditions are more at risk from complications of flu like illnesses. Please contact the Bergenfield Health Department at 201-387-4055 option 5 to arrange for your vaccination.
Online tax sale auction
The Municipality of Bergenfield announces the sale of 2015 and prior year taxes and other charges through an online auction. For a listing of parcels, please visit www.bergenfield.newjerseytaxsale.com. Information can be viewed free of charge as of 9-2-2016.
Voter registration deadline for 2016 General Election
Bergen County Superintendent of Elections Patricia DiCostanzo issued a notice that Tuesday, October 18, 2016, is the last day for residents to register to vote for the November 8, 2016, General Election in the State of New Jersey. In order to be eligible to vote, a person must be an American Citizen, be 18 years old on or before November 8, 2016, and be a resident of New Jersey and Bergen County by October 18, 2016.