The food pantry for Bergenfield residents has been moved to Cooper's Pond. It will operate on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm until Borough Hall is reopened. For those in need or for more information, please call Borough Hall at 201-387-4055 ext. 6
Office of Emergency Management Notices & Announcements
News from the Bergenfield Office of Emergency Management
COUNTY OF BERGEN ANNOUNCES GRANT PROGRAMS TO PROVIDE FINANCIAL RELIEF FOR MUNICIPALTIES AND SMALL BUSINESSES IMPACTED BY COVID-19 PANDEMIC
On Sunday, June 14th, there will be a peaceful protest for Black Lives Matter that will begin at 1:45 pm beginning and ending at Bergenfield High School. The anticipated protest march could potentially affect the following street closures: Prospect Avenue, Clinton Avenue, Columbia Avenue, & Washington Avenue. The protest will conclude at approximately 5:00pm. Bergenfield embraces the right of citizens to gather peacefully in a safe environment and to voice their concerns as related to the injustices and inequalities that exist in society. Bergenfield supports all victims of racial inequality and violence. We understand these events have been traumatic and painful and are committed to embrace open dialogue on issues of race and racism no matter how difficult or uncomfortable. For everyone's safety, if you plan to attend, please follow social distancing protocols and wear a mask. Thank you for your cooperation.
Due to the current state of emergency and public health emergency declared by Governor Murphy pursuant to Executive Order No. 103, and in an effort to prevent further spread of COVID-19, the Board of Health meeting will be held via Zoom on Tuesday, June 9th, 2020 at 6:30PM. Notice was posted on the Bergenfield Website, placed on two Municipal Bulletin Boards and is on file in the Borough Clerk’s Office.
Registrar of Vital Statistics
Dogs and bikes are no longer permitted at Cooper's Pond. The Dog Park at Twin Boro Lane is open for use.
OVERNIGHT PARKING IS EXTENDED UNTIL JULY 6th. Please be mindful that daytime parking laws such as alternate side parking and 4 hour parking limitations are in effect and violators will be ticketed effective June 8th.
- COVID-19 testing now available in Bergenfield. Click here for details.
- Taxes can be dropped off in the BORO TAX BOX located in the rear entrance of Borough Hall. A receipt will be mailed to you. (Deadline extended to 6/1.)
- Overnight Parking restrictions suspended until May 17th.
- All parks & school grounds remain closed.
- Boro Hall open weekdays 10am-2pm by appointment only.
- Bergenfield OEM Emergency Operations Center remains operational 24/7
* = Three additional cases reported over the weekend, but zero in the last 24 hours.
Getting a flu vaccine every year is the best way to protect yourself and your family from flu and its potentially serious complications. CDC recommends that everyone 6 months and older get vaccinated by the end of October.
What is new this flu season?
- Flu vaccines have been updated to better match circulating flu viruses
- Any licensed, age-appropriate flu vaccines are recommended
- The nasal spray flu vaccine (LAIV) is again a vaccine option. Ask your health care provider about what vaccine is right for you.
Fight flu this season by getting your flu vaccine and encouraging others to protect themselves and their loved ones by doing the same. Join the conversation on social media with the hashtag #FightFlu.